Best Basketball Shoes for Kids in 2017: Reviews and Guide
When it comes to athletic shoes, you need to look beyond the style, color, and comfort. As different sports require various movements to perfectly execute moves that can help you win matches, choosing the right pair will help you improve your performance while playing. Even kids need to find the right footwear for their chosen sport as it can help them develop the right skills.
This is why you need to find the best basketball shoes for kids. Doing this is the very first step in ensuring that your kid will have the best help he can get to develop his game and be at his top form when taking on the challenges of the game.
As your kid’s footwear will be the barrier between your child and the playing surface, it’s important to make sure that they’re comfortable and well supported all throughout. This will help them play without any distractions and prevent most injuries that can be caused by the wrong shoes.
The wrong pair of basketball shoes may not exactly harm them, but it can limit what they can achieve on the court. So if you want to give your kid a shot at being the next Stephen Curry, Kyrie Irving, Michael Jordan, Kevin Durant, or Lebron James, you’ll need to get them the right pair of kicks to get themselves on the right track.
Under Armour Boys' Pre-School Jet Mid Basketball Shoes
Best Basketball Shoes for Kids Comparison Table
Boys' Pre-School Jet Mid Basketball Shoes
Boys' Grade School Jet Mid Basketball Shoes
Air Jordan 1 Mid Youth Round Toe Leather White Basketball Shoe
Leather & Synthetic
KD 8 Youth Basketball Shoe
Kids KD 8 (GS) Basketball Shoe
Kids Team Hustle D 7 (GS) Basketball Shoe
Mesh & Synthetic
Kids Team Hustle D 6 Basketball Shoe
Mesh & Synthetic
Jordan Kids Jordan Flight 23 BG Basketball Shoe
Leather & Synthetic
Boys' Grade School UA ClutchFit Drive 3 Basketball Shoes
Boy's Air Jordan 1 (Mid) Basketball Shoes
Leather & Synthetic
Reviews of the Best Basketball Shoes for Kids
Under Armour is one of the more aggressive sporting brands in the field of basketball today. While it is still a minor player in terms of market share as it only ranks fourth (way behind Nike, Adidas, and Reebok), it is, undeniably, one of the rising stars in the field as of late.
If your little one is actually a fan of Stephen Curry, you might find them excited about considering a pair of Under Armour kicks. With Curry as the brand’s endorser and the CurryOne being one of the more popular basketball shoe lines in the recent months, the brand will surely appeal to your budding basketball star.
This is not to mention that Under Armour is also now the official partner of the Jr. NBA, so your kid having a pair from the brand will surely have them fit right in with the cool kids of the sport.
The Pre-School Jet Mid Basketball Shoes from the brand may not exactly be a CurryOne, but being from the same brand, it can already be a great choice for your little one.
Why It’s Good?
The Under Armour Boys' Pre-School Jet Mid Basketball Shoes are high-cut basketball shoes. They’re available in at least 10 colorways, so you have lots of options to choose from.
What makes them well-loved by a lot of people is the fact that they’re very solid. Made from a combination of faux leather, EVA, and fabric, it ensures stability without compromising breathability and comfort.
Its design is another important feature as it nicely locks in the foot, keeping it securely in place even as your little one runs around the court. The high-cut also guarantees additional ankle support so they won’t easily sprain their ankles while jumping about and crashing into other players.
Your kid will also love just how comfortable this pair is. With a full-length EVA midsole, you are promised a comfortable ride even if your child wears it for hours on end.
There are several reasons why you would want to buy the Cloudfoam Ilation.
- It looks great. This pair looks like a traditional basketball shoes, allowing your little one to proudly parade their love for the sport everywhere they go.? There are lots of colorways available and they all look great.
- They’re very comfortable. Your kid can also use them as their everyday shoes and will still find them comfortable.? They’re designed to fit your kid’s feet snugly.
- They’re lightweight. If your little one is an all-around player, this can be the right pick for them.
- They’re very breathable. As it also uses mesh fabric for its upper construction, this UA pair also promises to be well-ventilated.
- It runs true to size so there shouldn’t be any guesswork needed if you just want to order it online.
- They’re only available in one width size, which is a pretty common thing for kids’ shoes.
- Due to its high-top design, putting these shoes on and off can be a bit of a challenge. Little kids will surely need some assistance to wear and take them off.
The men’s Under Armour Jet series is a well-received model for basketball shoes. Some even call it underrated as it offers great value for your money with its high quality and affordable price. Many even go as far as to recommend it as a rotational pair for serious players, giving you a good, cheap alternative pair for your other playing shoes.
If you liked the Under Armour Jet basketball shoes, then you’ll love a mini pair for your kid. The Under Armour Boys' Grade School Jet Mid Basketball Shoes can be considered as a kiddie version of the lauded UA pair, so you can be sure that your little one will enjoy the same benefits from the pair made for young ones.
Why It’s Good?
Just like the Under Armour Jet Pre-School, the Under Armour Boys' Grade School Jet Mid Basketball Shoes are high-cut kicks that are designed to fully cover and cushion your little one’s feet for his/her basketball games. Just like the adult’s Jet series, this line for kids offers great comfort, stability, and exceptional performance.
Their light weight is another great selling point for this pair. This makes them ideal for all kinds of players as they offer great cushioning and stability as well. Paired with an outsole that features a herringbone pattern, it guarantees excellent grip and traction.
This pair also comes with an antimicrobial top cloth that promises to keep the shoes hygienic. This special feature keeps the shoes clean and the bad odor at bay. Layered with the mesh fabric, it promises great ventilation as well, so even if your kid sweats a lot during his games, there’s not much to worry about.
The Jet Grade School also comes in a wider size range than the Pre-school varieties. While little kids can still opt to get a pair, big kids also get to enjoy this pair. They come in Toddler, Little Kid, and Big Kid sizes, so it can be a great pair for kids who are just about to transition to adult sizes.
- Due to its affordable price, it can be a great choice if your kid plays a lot of basketball and tends to wear down a pair quickly.
- It’s very comfortable. With its full-length EVA midsole, it’s able to provide ample cushioning to wearers.
- It’s very lightweight. Constructed with EVA, faux leather, and fabric, this pair won’t weigh your little one down.
- It has a nice ankle support. Perfect for parents who can’t bear the thought of their kid spraining their ankles, this high-cut pair will let you rest assured that your child is wearing a supportive footwear for his activities.
- It fits true to size so ordering online can be a breeze.
- Available in several colorways, you have ample choices when it comes to how to pair it with your little one’s team uniform of regular clothes.
- It’s a solid pair, but because it’s quite cheap, it might not last very long among heavy users.
When it comes to basketball shoes, nothing can be more iconic than the Air Jordan 1. This pair has not only proven its great worth performance-wise, but it has also stood the test of time, emerging as a style icon every time it has been made available to the public. It not only defined a basketball giant’s career, but it has also solidified Nike’s hold of the sneaker market.
Originally launched in 1985, the Air Jordan helped cement the already fast and rising career of Michael Jordan. Designed by Peter Moore, Tinker Hatfield, and Bruce Kilgore, this pair has been retro-ed three times in the past and started a solid Air Jordan series that is comprised of more than 50 models to date.
This pair is so iconic that it has even started controversies and serious commotions in the past that it has been banned not only in professional basketball games but in schools as well. Any fashion business student will love to imitate the success of this pair.
The Air Jordan 1 Mid Youth is a classic example of this pair’s expansion to cater to more wearers. It is made for big kids and women, and is available in a lot of colorways.
Why It’s Good?
If its constant re-releases aren’t enough proof that the Air Jordan 1 is an excellent pair of basketball shoes for you, you’ll be hard-pressed to find another product that has achieved as much as this model did. While there’s room for improvement for the Air Jordan 1 since they’ve been created during a much simpler time, it still offers excellent performance for your kid.
For one, it has excellent traction. Its soles are designed to cater to the different movements your child will likely make in the court. This will help keep them nicely balanced on their feet.
The fit is another great thing about this pair. The full leather upper material will nicely envelop the wearer’s feet, resulting in a comfortable ride.
- It’s a really cool pair of basketball shoes. Everyone, young and old, will love that your little one is wearing such a classic pair of kicks.
- It’s very versatile. You can easily wear this pair on and off the court and still look stylish!
- You can easily coordinate your whole family’s outfits with these shoes. As they can suit kids and women alike, you can wear fun matching outfits with your whole family with its help.
- It has a nice, snug fit. This makes it a great basketball shoe as it comfortably wraps around your feet.
- They’re very sturdy and stable. It’s full leather upper gives it durability and locks your feet in place. However, you’ll need to adjust the lace since the leather upper will most likely loosen up after a while of moving around in them.
- Its cushioning and support are greatly lacking. This is easily understandable, though, as cushioned insoles aren’t the thing back in the day. Also, you can easily buy comfortable insoles nowadays to adjust its comfort according to your preference.
- They’re a bit heavy. The leather construction and solid rubber sole tend to add a lot of heft to this pair.
- Ventilation needs to be improved. As it only has a few tiny holes on its toe box, this pair can get hot after playing in them for a while.
- Sizing can be tricky. Make sure to refer to a sizing chart to know what your kid’s size is. If you also have access to a store that carries them, it’s best if you can get your child try a pair out.
You can always depend on Nike to place high tech features on their premium basketball shoes. That’s especially true when it carries the Kevin Durant name, because they really don’t want to embarrass the former MVP who’s now part of the Golden State Warriors machine.
However, you really can’t focus too much on the technical specs when it comes to basketball shoes for kids. Sure, you can look at how well the cushion, traction, and support features work. Kids, on the other hand, have priorities. They want something that feels comfy and looks cool. How the basketball shoes let them play the game isn’t even that important—coolness is always the priority. In any case, the KD 8 performs well at any level, from actually game-playing to just using it anywhere.
Why It’s Good?
First off, this offers a great look. It comes in 22 different color schemes, and they all have this bright and eye-catching design that can get other kids jealous. This look very cool indeed and they’re not boring enough that it looks better on their parents.
It’s also very comfortable to wear. Kids tend to wear these shoes all day every day, so you need to make sure that their feet don’t hurt. With this, you got ample cushioning that feels really nice, and the Flyweave woven upper fits the foot like a sock. It doesn’t even need breaking in, because it’s designed to wrap around the foot nicely at the very start.
For actual basketball players, these shoes work very well too. They’re quire responsive, so your kids can make their break to the basket and move side to side on defense. The traction is excellent, so they can make their ankle-breaker moves and stop on a dime for a sudden jump shot.
The cushion absorbs much of the impact of all that jumping and running around, so they feet don’t end up bruised. The fit is very good and the support is excellent, so you don’t have that shifting movement side to side inside the shoe that can lead to sprains and other injuries. Lateral movements are easy to make and your feet are nicely locked into the footbed.
- These look great, and kids invariably find them cool.
- They’re very comfy to wear all day, and the woven upper makes it more breathable.
- There’s no need for much breaking in, as these shoes fit your feet like socks.
- You’re able to play basketball in these shoes very well, since it offers excellent traction, ample cushioning, and enough support for quick lateral movements. You can’t blame the shoes if you play lousy basketball!
- It’s very expensive. That’s to be expected, since it has KD’s name, lots of advanced features, and it’s a Nike. Nike won’t be able to pay all these top athletes if they offer more reasonable prices.
- Since you have a woven upper, you can’t expect that its durability will match that of harder materials.
Aside from fans and sneakerheads, kids are also the best market for series made for popular athletes. Not only do they offer very stylish and trendy kicks, but the fact that your kid can wear something similar to what their idols (or even just the fact that they’re wearing something with their idol’s name on it) can really be a great way to make them very happy.
With Kevin Durant being one of the biggest names in basketball as of late, it’s not surprising that he has his own line of merchandise. The Nike Kids KD 8 GS Basketball Shoe is a kiddie version of the well-loved KD 8.
It offers virtually the same as the adult’s version except for the many colorways that are specially designed for kids. It’s one of the best options for your basketball-loving kid as it won’t only help improve their performance on the court, but it can also be a stylish and trendy pair of footwear that they can wear regularly.
Why It’s Good?
Coming from the well-received KD 7 line, the KD 8 really upped its ante. Its major selling point is its marvelous traction. With its unique herringbone pattern that resembles an 8-bit tile effect, you’re guaranteed that your little one won’t have any problems running around on a hardwood court. It’s designed to minimize slippage, lessening the chances of your child hurting themselves in an in-game accident.
The cushioning on this pair is heavenly as well. With a specially designed Zoom Air, your little one can enjoy a super springy and explosive pair of kicks. Combined with its Flyweave upper construction and you have a lightweight pair that won’t be cumbersome to your little kid while they’re on the court.
- The colorways available are very nice and attractive. Your kid will love the many available color combinations of this shoe.
- It offers multi-directional traction so it can be a great pick for kids who are still figuring out which position they’re best suited for. This feature will let your little one move with great ease and stability.
- They look really cute. Your little one will look like a professional basketball player with this pair.
- They’re very comfortable without sacrificing support. This pair is equipped with advanced technologies in cushioning so you’re guaranteed that your feet won’t hurt even if you do a lot of activities while wearing these shoes.
- They’re not at all bulky. While basketball shoes often get clunky because of their support requirements, the KD 8 for kids isn’t.
- The sizing can be quite tricky as they tend to go half a size bigger. Make a point to have your kids try them on first so you can find the right fit for them.
- They’re quite pricey. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, though, as it is a branded line from Nike.
Performance shoes are often costly but they’re also worth it. They can easily help your kids develop their skills in their chosen sport, so they’re important accessories if you want to push your child to be the best player they can be. This is particularly true for basketball players as their footwear can really make or break their game.
However, as basketball shoes can get pretty expensive, not a lot of parents are too keen on spending a fortune on a pair that will not last for years. As kids tend to grow fast, they can easily outgrow the pair. There’s also the possibility that heavy use can cause the shoes to fall apart in just a season or less. These make it feel wasteful to spend a lot of money on a really nice pair.
If you’re a parent who’s on a budget and not too willing to spend a lot on a pair of performance shoes, the Nike Kids Team Hustle D 7 is an option worth exploring. This pair has a lot to offer, as what you can expect from a Nike product, despite its relatively lower price.
Why It’s Good?
There are lots of reasons why the Kids Team Hustle D 7 is included in this top 10 best basketball shoes for kids. It’s great, friendly price is just for starters. While this product isn’t exactly designed by a popular basketball player, it’s still a nice pair of kicks for its price. It’s a sturdy and dependable pair that is crafted with your little one’s game in mind.
With its clean silhouette and clean lines, these kicks are definitely stylish and functional at the same time. A deadly combination for kid’s shoes, if you’ll ask us as they can be the best gifts for nieces and nephews from generous and loving aunts and uncles.
- They’re very affordable. If you want to enjoy Nike’s quality but without their all too common hefty price tag, this pair is something worth looking into.
- It offers excellent support. Its upper is designed to nicely lockdown your child’s foot inside the shoe so they can easily and comfortably move around in them.
- They’re designed to be very durable. It can easily take constant heavy use, making it an impressive pair for such an affordable price.
- They’re lightweight. Your kid will surely be able to run around without being weighed down by these shoes.
- The sizing runs small. There are a few reviews that say they had to go a full size up for their kids. If you want to avoid the hassle of returning a pair that’s too small, it’s best to have your little one try a pair on at a store even just to know what their size is.
Most kids tend to get serious about their sports as they get a bit older. Some already start training for different kinds of teams. As a parent, it’s important that you keep up with their needs as their constant playing will definitely hone their skills and teach them a lot about their chosen sport. Without the right accessories, like a good pair of basketball shoes, you might not be helping them well enough to unlock their potential.
While it’s easy to understand that budget can be pretty limited for many households, it doesn’t mean that it should stop your child from enjoying the sport they like. There are lots of great basketball shoes that don’t cost a fortune like the Nike Boy's Team Hustle D 7 Basketball Shoe.
They might not have the name of their favorite NBA star, but they can already do a great job in keeping your little one’s feet well-cushioned and supported while they do their drills and go head to head with a competing team.
What makes the Nike Boy's Team Hustle D 7 Basketball Shoe a great pair of basketball kicks if they’re not the top-tier series from the brand, you might be wondering? Aside from their friendly price, they offer a solid construction that can really help your kid’s performance.
These make it a great option for budget-conscious parents as they don’t have to worry about spending a lot on a pair that can easily be worn out by regular trainings or outgrown by their child.
Why It’s Good?
Is the Nike Boy's Team Hustle D 7 Basketball Shoe the right pick for your child? It might just be the best basketball shoes for kids as it offers everything your little one needs from a pair of performance shoes for the sport. It’s very sturdy, for starters.
Made with a combination of full-grain and synthetic leather, it’s designed to properly lock the foot in, giving your kid the stability they need while playing. The mesh fabric added to the design also ensures good ventilation so your child can also be comfortable even as the game heats up.
The cushioning for the shoe is by the Air sole unit. Nike's Air technology may be decades-old, but it still delivers a good enough experience. You can jump around and feel it absorb the shock quite effectively.
Cushioned with Nike’s trademarked Phylon midsoles, this pair is also designed to be very comfortable for your child. This even boosts their comfort, ensuring that your little one can wear these shoes day in and day out.
- They’re very affordable. Lots of parents will love it if their kid falls in love with this pair instead of the more expensive models from Nike.
- They look great. They’re very fashionable so your kid won’t hesitate to rock these shoes on a regular basis.
- They’re comfortable. With all of the cushioning and support elements incorporated with its design, the Boy’s Team Hustle D 7 is definitely easy to move around in.
- They run small. You might need to take your child to try a pair on to ensure a proper fit.
Retro kicks are some of the more in-demand models for basketball shoes today mostly because of the nostalgia factor they offer. Today’s young adults can already afford the all-too pricey kicks that they’ve coveted as kids, making Air Jordans still trendy in the recent years.
A lot of sneakerheads have demanded the return of many old-school designs and their wishes have been granted, keeping the Jordan brand alive despite the fact that Michael Jordan, the very athlete who has inspired the line, has been retired from shooting hoops for more than a decade already.
Retro designs are also popular picks for parents for their little ones as it feels like passing an heirloom. The Nike Jordan Kids Flight 23 BG Basketball Shoe is a great example as they tend to have a timeless look. They don’t really look retro, so your kid can fall in love with them more easily.
Why It’s Good?
The Jordan Flight 23 is a solid choice for a pair of basketball shoes for your child for so many reasons. For one, it’s upper is designed to comfortably secure your child’s foot. The full-grain and synthetic material provide ample sturdiness to keep the feet in the right position and place while on the move. The high-cut is also beneficial for all-around players as it can easily provide support for their ankles.
Its aesthetic design is noteworthy as well. In contrast with its relatively bulky silhouette, this pair has clean, simple details that add great visual interest to its look despite its minimalism. The classic Air Jordan logo also adds the perfect flourish to its classic design.
- It looks great. You’ll love how your child looks with a pair of these retro sneakers on.
- They’re very comfortable and offer ample support. This pair is designed to be great basketball shoes so you can expect it to provide comfort and support to your little one.
- It has a very nice grip. This makes it a great choice for all-around players as it can provide excellent multi-directional traction.
- They run small. Make sure to double-check the size or at least find a way to try a pair on to know your kid’s size.
- It’s quite pricey, but since it is branded model, this can be easily expected.
Since Under Armour is still trying to make a mark in the basketball shoe market, it’s expected to find underrated products from their line. While they do have a decent range of basketball shoes, a lot of them don’t get too popular as the brand is still not yet known for their performance footwear.
But did you know that a lot of Under Armour basketball shoes have been praised for their wonderful construction? In fact, the original Clutchfit Drive has even been hailed as the best performance shoes for the year 2014 by many reviewers.
While its predecessors are well loved, does it mean that the Clutchfit Drive 3 fares the same? And can the kiddie version even compare? The answer to both questions is yes. The Clutchfit Drive 3 is an excellent basketball shoe, whether it’s for the adults or for your little one.
Why It’s Good?
We’ve included the Under Armour Boys' Grade School UA ClutchFit Drive 3 Basketball Shoes in this list because of its great quality, design, and performance. While it’s not a Stephen Curry product, it still offers excellent traction, lockdown, comfort, and breathability, making it a great pick for your little one.
Comfort-wise, this pair offers excellent cushioning, thanks to its Charged technology sole. It offers a plush, soft feel, so whether your little one is running around the hardcourt or walking about all day, they won’t suffer from aching feet come bed time.
It also doesn’t hurt that this product looks great. While you won’t mistake it for anything other than a pair of basketball shoes, they look great despite its relative bulk. The available colorways are also very exciting, so your little one will surely enjoy just how vivid their options are.
- They look great. Under Armour basketball shoes don’t look much alike other brand’s designs so if you’re looking for something different, they can be the perfect pick for you.
- They have excellent traction despite their soles’ flat design. You’ll be surprised at how well their grip is as they don’t look like they actually have a lot of bite.
- It offers excellent lockdown of your feet. It will easily secure your foot for a comfortable and safe ride.
- They can be easily worn by girls as well. It’s a plus that a pink colorway is available for girls who like to play basketball.
- The support these shoes provide can still be improved.
If you’re eyeing a pair of basketball shoes for your kid to start a nice sneaker collection for your baby, the Boy’s Air Jordan 1 Mid is one of the best first picks for a budding sneakerhead. Why?
It’s easily one of the most revered silhouettes in the game and any serious sneaker collector won’t be caught dead without a classic. The shoe has a solid following and is still one of the most coveted model decades after its original release, so why pass up the chance to cop a pair for your little one?
Of course, aside from all of the history the Air Jordan 1 has, there’s also its great performance that makes it worth your time. While the original Air Jordan 1 has been banned from the hardcourt so you can’t really find a lot of pros wearing them at the time of its original release, it was still widely used as performance shoes by a lot of people.
Aside from basketball players, skateboarders loved this pair because of its great cushioning and ankle support.
Why It’s Good?
The Air Jordan 1 is definitely a shoo-in for this list of the best basketball shoes for kids as they are not only very popular options, but also because they’re well-designed and versatile.
They’ll also offer great support for your kid’s feet as they run around and execute different plays in the court. These shoes will also look great even outside the hardcourt, making it an all-around pair for a growing kid.
- They’re classic kicks so they’re definitely worth a spot in your kid’s sneaker collection. The Air Jordan 1 is basically a new take on the classic cult favorite, original Air Jordans so it can easily be a great choice for a starter piece for your child’s sneaker collection.
- They’re very versatile. Your child can wear them on and off the court without looking out of place. They can easily be treated as lifestyle sneakers as well.
- Retro kicks are so hot right now. If you want your kid to be on trend, a pair of Air Jordan 1 can do the trick. It will complete so many casual outfits of the day with a timeless edge.
- They offer great support for basketball games. If you want to use it as a basketball shoe for your kid’s practices and games, it will also help them perform well.
- They’re very affordable. You don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money on these shoes as they’re actually very friendly-priced.
- Nike’s sizing can be a bit confusing, especially if it’s your first order from the brand. It’s best to consult a sizing guide or have your child try on a pair before paying for them.
Buyer’s Guide: Factors to Consider before Buying
With so many options available, choosing the best basketball shoes for kids can be a major challenge. A list of the top products won’t do for the meticulous parent who wants to make sure that their little one is well equipped when facing every battle in their lives. So, to help you find the right match for your little one, here are some tips you should keep in mind.
- Get the Right Size: A lot of parents have a tendency to buy a pair of shoes a size or two bigger than their kid’s feet as doing so guarantees that they’ll get the most out of their purchase. As kids grow up so fast, the only way to extend the life of a pair of shoes is by buying big. When it comes to athletic shoes, though, this isn’t recommended.
Your kid’s athletic shoes can easily define how easily they’ll be able to move around while playing their sport or game. If you buy shoes that are bigger than their actual size, they will have less control of their feet. They can easily trip and land incorrectly because of this.
So, if you really want only the best for your little one, getting them a pair of basketball shoes that actually fits them properly is essential. If you really want to go a size bigger, only go up a size if you can remedy the fit with some socks. It should still fit your child snugly, so they won’t have to worry about their feet on top of everything else that’s required from them of their team.
It’s also worth mentioning that sizing for kids can be quite confusing. The numbers don’t often correspond to their age or even their feet’s actual dimensions. So, if you’re not too sure about the sizing, trying a few pairs in the stores is something you must do.
- Know their Playing Needs: Different positions have various design requirements for basketball footwear. This is why you also have to consider the playing style of your little one if you want to get the right pair of shoes for them. All around players are recommended to get a pair that’s lightweight, flexible, and with proper support. Power players, on the other hand, need more stability, so their shoes should be heavier.
The best basketball shoes need cushioning. The level of its softness, however, depend on the player and their playing needs. This is a non-negotiable requirement, though, so make sure to look for cushioned soles every time.
- Choose the Comfortable Cut: Basketball shoes come in a wide variety of ankle heights, so this is another important feature you need to take note of if you want the best pair of kicks for your little one. High-top varieties are among the most popular options as they provide protection for the player’s ankles, but you can also find mid and low-cut models that your kid might find to be more comfortable.
- Have Your Kids Try a Few Pairs On: Even if you intend to take advantage of online discounts, having your kid try out a few pairs at the store will help you get a good understanding of what will suit your child’s needs and preference. Doing this will help you understand what they like and what size actually fits them well.
Relying on guesswork and just product reviews for your kid’s athletic shoe size can be disastrous if you want it to fit them perfectly. So make sure to take the time to visit a few stores with them.
- Don’t Forget the Socks: Sometimes, even if you buy the best basketball shoes for your kid, if you chose to skimp on their socks, their performance will still be affected greatly. Socks can be too big, scratchy, or just not quality made. These can bring discomfort to your little one and have them end up with a poor performance as they’ve spent their whole time in the court bothered about how uncomfortable they are. To avoid such a hassle, skip the cheap socks and look for good ones.
- Are these shoes true to size?
A: Not all of these shoes run true to size, as there are really no standard sizing when it comes to athletic shoes. However, a select few models run true to size, so make sure to take note of them, especially if you only want to order a pair online.
- Are the uppers made from leather or synthetic materials?
A: Most of these shoes use a combination of leather, synthetic, and even mesh fabric to ensure the stability, sturdiness, and breathability of the shoe. Retro models like the Air Jordans tend to use all-leather materials for their upper.
- What do BG and GS mean?
A: These two are indicators for the sizing of kids’ shoes. BG means big sizes while GS means grade school. BG are the largest sizes for kids’ shoes and the largest sizes can sometimes even overlap with adult sizes. They can also sometimes be referred as Youth sizes or Y. GS, on the other hand, are for grade schoolers, as they’re larger than toddler sizes and still way smaller than adult sizes.
The ten basketball shoes listed in this review are deemed to be among the finest options you can get for your little one. They were chosen for their great features, quality, and great reviews, so you can be guaranteed that they offer only the best results.
If you still feel overwhelmed with such a large number of options, the best way to narrow down your options further will be to have your child try them on and decide which one they like best. This way, you can be sure that they’ll get the best basketball shoes for kids that will suit their needs and preferences.
As a subscriber, you never miss a post and you get access to our executive reviews, posts, guides & amazing offers. Sign up today to join over 20,000 subscribers!