Best Basketball Shoes in 2017 - Reviews and Buying Guide
Shooting hoops is an enjoyable pastime for many people. Some individuals play to win and this means they want to get as many advantages over their opponents as possible.
There are several ways to to gain an edge in basketball. There is the standard training and practice. But, equipment is also as important. Imagine a player dressed in ill-fitting clothes and wearing flip-flops. He will be against another player dressed in a comfortable jersey and shorts. He is also wearing the best basketball shoes around. There’s no doubt as to who will win the game, right?
One of the key pieces of equipment that a basketball player has is their shoes. Your feet pounds on the court, combined with jumping and other vigorous activities. You are going to feel the strain. The right pair of shoes makes an hour-long game bearable. Yet, not all basketball shoes are equal. There are a lot of differing designs on the market. All them aim for ways to improve a player's performance.
The shoes do this in different ways. For example, some shoes have extra padding to absorb the impact of landings. Other shoes have more support. This is so that ankles won't suffer injuries from the shock of play.
With all these features, it can be hard to make a choice. Here's a look at some of the top shoes out there so you can have a better idea of what to expect. It should also help you make the right decision.
Adidas Performance Men's Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe
Best Basketball Shoes Comparison Table
Men's Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe
Men's Crazy Explosive Basketball Shoe
Jordan Men's Air Jordan 1 Basketball Shoe
Leather & Synthetic
KD 8 Mens Basketball Shoes
Flywire & Synthetic
Men's Air Force 1 Mid '07 Basketball Shoe
Men's Hyperdunk 2014 TB Basketball Shoe
Fabric & Synthetic
Jordan Flight Origin 3 Men Round Toe Leather Blue Basketball Shoe
Leather & synthetic
Adidas Performance Men's Pro Model Basketball Shoe
Men's UA ClutchFit Drive 2 Basketball Shoes
Men's Prime Hype DF II Crt Prpl/Brght Crmsn/Nbl Prpl Basketball Shoe 9.5 Men US
Adidas is a well-known name in the athletic shoe world. They have been releasing great products for years now. The Men's Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball shoe is one of their better offerings.
The most important feature of the shoe is its use of Cloudfoam soles. Developed by Adidas, Cloudfoam technology allows for maximum comfort and cushioning. The cushioning is very important since it helps deal with the impacts and shocks during play.
The soles of the shoe are also pretty good. When you are playing basketball, you don't want to be slipping on the court. The rubber outsole features a solid zig-zag pattern. This ensures that the shoe has enough traction while you are playing.
Another feature to look at is the support that it provides your ankles and feet. The high collar ensures that your ankles will always be stable. This lowers the chance of injuries and keeps you playing.
When you're playing, you don't want to think about your shoes. With the Cloudfoam Ilation, this is not an issue. The product fits well on your feet. It has the right give so that it is right there at the line between secure and comfortable.
The design and materials are also something to be proud of. The detailing on the shoe is great. It has perforated holes. This is to ensure that your feet get enough ventilation during heated play.
The full-grain leather for its upper part is very durable. A lot of people claim that their Cloudfoam Ilation has been with them for more than a year. That's a pretty long time for a shoe that sees heavy play.
The look of the shoe is also pretty good. You can actually wear this everyday. Since it is very durable, it should take the battering of daily life pretty well. This make it not one of the best shoes for basketball, but also for casual wear.
There are several reasons why you would want to buy the Cloudfoam Ilation.
- The shoe comes from a solid brand. Adidas has been making the best performance basketball shoes for decades. This may be not be their best, but it is one of their better offerings.
- It is very affordable. The Cloudfoam Ilation is a budget shoe. At its price point, you are sure to get a lot of bang out of your buck.
- It is very durable. Basketball games are rough affairs. If you are playing regularly, you will want a shoe that will be able to keep up. You won't want one that you have to replace in a few months.
- The Cloudfoam cushioning ensures comfort. Playing basketball is a lot of effort. You don't want to get tired out . Cloudfoam minimizes shocks while also being lightweight.
- It looks good. This is the sort of shoe that you can take off the court. No one will complain about you wearing this in your daily life.
- You can do better. If you have the money, you can buy a better shoe. The Cloudfoam Ilation is not bad, but it is only pretty average.
If you’re just looking for an OK basketball shoes, then this one fits the bill.
With a name like “Crazy Explosive,” you will have high expectations of a shoe. Adidas does not disappoint with its Crazy Explosive Basketball shoe. It delivers on its promise and is one of the best basketball shoes to play in.
Released last year, it is Adidas' attempt at trying something different. The design and concept of the shoe focused around the explosive play of the new crop of NBA players. These players favor quick, fast movements. It also has a lot of jumps and quick bursts. Overall, Adidas succeeded in its goal.
Let's begin with the essential component: the traction. To allow for quick movement without slipping, the shoe needs to have great traction. You don't want to end up flat on your face when you're attempting your play.
Most basketball shoes have single-direction traction. The Crazy Explosive has multi-directional traction. The pattern on the sole allows for a great grip in whatever way you want to go.
The other element that the Crazy Explosive brings to the table is its great cushioning. With plays that involve a lot of jumps and shocks, you want a shoe that helps handle the strain. This shoe does that by having the Adidas' Boost cushioning technology in its entire midsole.
Having a Boost midsole is a great addition. The energy-returning shock absorbers don't let you play in comfort. They also enhance your performance in the court. The Crazy Explosive adds to this by having the sole caged in by a solid frame. This ensures better stability and support.
The Crazy Explosive also manages to do its support job well. It is pretty average in that are though. As for its fit and lockdown, players will be sure that this shoe won't come off flying during strenuous play.
Made of prime materials, the Crazy Explosive also looks good. The Primeknit technology also makes sure it looks good. Available in various colors, this shoe is a colorful splash when you hit the court.
The Crazy Explosive Basketball shoes has a lot to recommend it.
- It has great traction. A basketball court can get slippery during play. You don't want to end up slipping while in the middle of a complicated move. The shoe's traction pattern allows you to keep on playing with no worries of slippage.
- The Adidas Boost technology in its soles. You want great cushioning in a basketball shoe. Boost ensures that. Any shoe with Boost is a good buy and this is no different.
- The shoe looks great. Besides being an excellent shoe performance-wise, the Crazy Explosive is sure to turn some heads because it looks cool. Available in various colors, you'll be a unique sight on the court.
- It is a good fit. As part of being comfortable while playing, you will want a shoe that doesn't slip off. You also don't want a shoe that is too tight. The Crazy Explosive has an internal bootie that adapts easily to your foot. This ensures a great and comfortable fit.
There are a couple of cons for the Crazy Explosive though.
- First, this is not the most durable shoe out there. Heavy play will see it ragged quickly.
- It can get pretty hot during play. The shoe has some ventilation problems.
The Air Jordan brand is one of the most recognized names in basketball shoes. The first Air Jordan came out more than 30 years ago. There have been several successors over the years and they have all been great.
The Air Jordan 1 is such a classic. This is why it is one of the top rated basketball shoes in the world. People like it so much that Nike has kept on releasing it for years.
The biggest reason why people love it is that it has all the basics. First of all, the shoe has solid traction. You won't be slipping with the soles of these shoes. It gives you the chance to play on the court with no worries.
The second reason for its longevity is its great support. This is a bit of a surprise. Since the shoe's design dates back to 1984, you didn't expect the focus on ankle support. But, the shoe does a great job ensuring that your ankles won't get hurt.
There is also the comfort factor. You'll appreciate the Air Jordan's solid collar protection. Your feet won't slip out the shoes. Plus, they're padded to ensure that your ankles and legs don't chafe.
It also helps that the Air Jordans consist of quality materials. Good quality leather on the upper area make it look great to people. The synthetic parts are there to make sure the shoe is durable.
The main problem with the Air Jordan 1 is that it is a 1984 design. The technology of basketball shoes did not stay still since then. There are a lot of innovations and technical tweaks that you will miss out on.
Cushioning is the biggest victim. It provides decent enough cushioning. But, you will feel the court more often with your feet. This is because it doesn't use some of the latest cushioning breakthroughs.
There are quite a few positives about purchasing an Air Jordan 1.
- The design is a classic. The Air Jordan 1 was a hit back when it first entered the market in 1984. Since then, millions of players swear on it being one of the best basketball shoes in the world.
- It comes from a well-known manufacturer. Nike is one of the world's top shoe makers. You cannot beat that sort of reputation when it comes to delivering quality products. Nike has a few misses on its record, but most of the time, you can be sure that they have a quality product.
- The Air Jordan 1 works everywhere. You can be playing in a clean indoor court or a dusty outdoor one, you will have the same performance. Solid traction patterns on the soles ensure that your play will not have any problems.
- The shoe can be customizable. One of the advantages of an old design is that it allows for custom additions. You may put in extra arch support and other unique changes if you want to.
There is a drawback to this footwear though.
- “Classic” can be another word for “old.” This won't beat any of the latest designs coming out. If you dislike the old-school feel, then you might want to take a pass on this one.
The Nike KD8 shoes are the latest version of the Kevin Durant series from Nike. As the eight generation, the pair has a lot to live up to. The previous KD7 was one of the best shoes to play basketball in. That is a tough act to follow.
Fortunately for the KD8, it seems to do that. Nike has definitely done a good job with this new release. Let's look at the individual parts of the shoe to see how well it performs with all the changes.
First of all, the new model manages to beat the KD7 in terms of traction. Traction is what lets players do their amazing fakes and fast swerves. The KD8 changed the pattern on its soles into a herringbone pattern. This lets it grip the floor better despite any dirt or debris on it.
Second, the KD8 uses a new Zoom Air unit. Designed exclusively for the shoe, the cushioning feels like it doesn't exist. This is a good thing since that's what cushioning does. It is super springy and absorbs a lot of shocks. The cushion is along your entire foot, so you'll enjoy the experience.
Third, besides having nice cushioning, the shoe has great support. It has the upper area around your ankles fitting better as an opener. The next improvement is the large platform of the shoe. This ensures stability in whatever position you are.
The fit is also an important aspect of any shoe. The KD8 is a lot more adaptable in size. Slip it on and you'll break it in quick. The shoe also locks down well, with solid lacing and appropriate snugness.
Finally, the KD8 is made of the best materials out there. Using Flyweave, the shoe looks great. It does have a problem with durability thanks to the mesh construction.
If you're still on the fence on buying Nike's KD8, here are some positive points to consider.
- This is the latest model. The Kevin Durant model by Nike is one of its best low top basketball shoes. This has not changed since the first release. Nike has refined the shoe into its current version and it shows in its performance.
- The shoe has outstanding traction. The herringbone pattern change on the soles definitely improved the shoe's performance. The only way you will slip with these shoes is if you walk on an oil spill.
- The KD8 boasts of excellent cushioning. When you play with this shoe, it will be like you're on air. It absorbs shocks very well and it is very light.
- It has a good fit. When you slip this shoe on, you will feel it like a second skin. This means it won't slip off anytime soon. Material reinforces the forefoot so sudden movements won't affect it.
- The fitting part of the KD8 can work against it. You'll need to be sure about your size or test the shoe before hand to ensure you're getting the right size.
The Nike Men's Air Force 1 Mid '07 Basketball Shoe is a hit both on and off the court. As one of the best-looking basketball shoes out there, it has become a bestseller. The '07 release is the latest version available to buyers.
The big question that comes up often is whether the '07 lives up to the reputation. The simple answer to that is a resounding “yes.” Here are a few reasons why people love this basketball shoe.
First of all, it features the Nike Air technology. Introduced back in 1982, it is still as revolutionary today as it was then. What the Air gives this shoe is the ultimate in cushioning. The pressurized air inside the sole absorbs shocks. This ensures increased comfort to the wearer.
Second, the Air Force 1 provides excellent traction. This is essential to any ball player. Nike managed to make it even better by using non-marking rubber for the soles. This allows for a solid grip on different surfaces. There are also pivot points in the sole. This allows for quick turns and moves, ensuring a higher response time from the player.
Besides cushioning and traction, the shoe provides wearers a comfortable time. The fit is snug and secure. Besides that, the simple design has perforations. These holes allows for extra ventilation for your feet. This is important since your feet can become overheated. Also, this stops your feet from smelling too much.
Most importantly, the Air Force 1 looks great. A lot of non-basketball players actually buy this for its stylishness. As a walking shoe, it provides a nice balance between functionality and looks. It also gives a few choices since the design is available in low- and high-cut variants. Plus, the shoe prominently displays a metal tag dedicated to the original Air Force 1 model from 1982.
If you're thinking of buying the Nike Air Force 1 '07 Basketball shoe, here are a few points in your favor.
- The shoes are not only for basketball. You will not just be buying these for use on the court. The design and the functionality of the shoe make it a good choice for those who want a shoe in general.
- These shoes are very comfortable. The Nike Air technology allow these shoes to absorb shocks better. Whether you're playing on the court or doing your normal routine, the comfort this gives is a big plus. It helps that it is well-ventilated and has a padded collar.
- Solid performance on the court. With great traction and cushioning, basketball players will have nothing to complain about.
But there are a few complaints about the '07.
- A big complaint is about the price. You can buy a cheaper basketball shoe with what you pay for with this one. If you're looking for a cheap shoe for your pick-up games, this is not it.
- Another problem is the thick sole. If you prefer quick tactics, then you'll find that these shoes will weigh you down. You may want something on the lighter side.
The Nike Hyperdunk is one of the best high top basketball shoes out there. In 2014, Nike decided to make it even better. The 2014 edition of the Hyperdunk looks great, but does it manage to beat the 2013 version?
The answer is a bit lopsided. The shoe has some very good points, but also has some serious flaws. The biggest one that people noticed was in the traction. Nike decided to change the normal pattern into a herringbone one.
The planned result was to have improved the traction. Instead, it became a lot more inconsistent. It worked most of the time. But, the there were moments when the grip needed a bit more.
Fortunately, the Hyperdunk 2014 managed to salvage its score in other areas. First, the shoe has top-notch cushioning. It isn't as good as an Air shoe, but it comes close. It focuses its Lunarlon cushioning in the heel and forefoot. This makes it a bit more responsive to player movements.
The shoe also does some pretty good work in the support area. The dynamic Flywire technology around the collar ensures that your foot stays down. Furthermore, more support in the platform allows for stability while turning. Finally, the heel cup keeps your foot solidly in place.
The Hyperdunk 2014 is no slouch in the comfort department either. The shoe uses the same materials that the 2013 used. This means Hyperfuse and mesh. Nike isn't fixing what isn't broken. The result is a nice comfortable fit.
Besides that, the shoe's design gives it appropriate ventilation. Basketball heats up your feet fast. The result is sweaty limbs and the inevitable body odor. With good ventilation, it won't be so bad. The Hyperdunk 2014 continues the Hyperdunk tradition well. It is a good buy despite the higher price tag.
If you're still hesitant about buying the Hyperdunk 2014, here are some reasons why you should consider it.
- It brings together the best of previous versions. The 2013 Hyperdunk brought higher stability and traction. On the other hand, the 2012 Hyperdunk was very lightweight. The 2014 version brings both versions' best together.
- This shoe is very comfortable. The combination of Hyperfuse and mesh results in a lightweight product. Your feet will also feel the great cushioning and the roomier forefoot area make it one of the best basketball shoes for wide feet. When the game is over, you can be sure that your feet won't be aching.
- You can be quicker on your feet. The lightweight materials have another effect. It makes the shoe very responsive. If you're playing in a position with quick movements, you'll want this shoe.
However, the Hyperdunk isn't perfect and you may take a pass on this shoe for the following reasons.
- It has inconsistent traction. A shoe's traction is what ensures you don't slip and fall in the middle of the game. Thanks to the changes to the shoe, some positions won't give you the same stability.
- It also has a pretty high price tag. This is one of Nike's flagship models and the price reflects that.
The Nike Jordan Flight Origin 3 is in the running for best basketball shoes under 100 dollars. Part of Nike's Jordan series, the base of the design should be familiar with the Air Jordan brand. The big difference between the two is that the Flight Origin brand is for general use.
A lot of people buy shies for basketball use only. However, not everyone wants to spend their money on shoes they occasionally use. This is where the Flight Origin series comes in. These are still pretty good basketball shoes, but they are more geared to everyday wear.
The shoes looks nice, with the 80s-style retro design. This is what most people will buy this for. It looks sporty and is available in a wide variety of colors. It also sports the Jordan brand quite prominently on its design.
The shoe's upper area is nubuck. This is top-quality leather that ensures durability for the product. The shoe's other materials are also high-quality.
As for its sporting capabilities, it is not exactly the best. But for its price, you do get a lot of bang for your buck. First of all, the traction is excellent. It uses a rubber outsole with circular patterns to give it a solid grip on most surfaces.
The cushioning for the shoe is by the Air sole unit. Nike's Air technology may be decades-old, but it still delivers a good enough experience. You can jump around and feel it absorb the shock quite effectively.
The shoe is a bit lacking in the support department. This is an unfortunate legacy of the 80s retro design. However, for sports that don't need you running around, these are excellent trainers. Weightlifters will appreciate the flat soles and the cushioning when they do their training.
The shoe is a good fit for many people. You will have to try it out though since there are some complaints that the Origin 3 is pretty small for them.
The Flight Origins 3 is a popular choice among young people for its various qualities. Here are a few reasons why you would buy them.
- These are very good shoes. The Flight Origins 3 is comfortable and functional. You'll enjoy walking around in them. The Air sole provides excellent cushioning for everyday purposes. The fit is also comfortable if you have the right size.
- They look great. The 80s design will remind people of the popular Air Jordans. The big difference is that you're paying a lot less for these.
- They are excellent gifts. For some reason, a lot of teenagers love these. If you're looking for a good gift, then a pair of Flight Origins 3s can be a nice gift.
- They are affordable. When they first hit the market, they weren't exactly worth it. However, time has lowered their price to a more reasonable level.
The Flight Origins 3 has its own share of problems though.
- As a basketball shoe, you can do a lot better. If you've got the budget for it, you will want to buy something more modern when it comes to design.
- Collar protection is non-existent. Expect your ankles to ache after playing in them.
If you're looking for a durable pair of basketball shoes, then the Adidas performance Pro Model should fit your needs. These shoes are actually a throwback to the original Pro Model release back in 1972. They were one of the best selling basketball shoes of all time. Adidas brings them back with a few modern touches.
The Pro Model is actually quite popular, but not on the professional scene. This is because these shoes are the sort that you'll most likely see in colleges and high schools. This is a basic and simple shoe for budding sportsmen and it shows.
Let's talk about the various components that make it up. First, let's talk about traction. The Pro Model's traction is pretty average. It will handle most moves. But certain positions will increase your chances of spilling or slipping.
Next, there is support. This is where the Pro Model excels. The area around the collar has some padding, but the heart of the stability is its wide midsole. It is pretty level so that provides wearers a solid platform for their stance.
This is why it is still one of the best basketball shoes for flat feet. Combined with the great support is the excellent cushioning. The injection-molded midsole also provides a very good cushion during play.
However, what impresses people about the Pro Model is the durability of the materials. Adidas uses layers of synthetic materials to cover the important parts of the foot during play. There is even a rubber toe cap to provide more protection. The result is a tough shoe that will last you many seasons.
Overall, the Pro Model is a pretty traditional basketball shoe. Adidas implemented only minor modifications since its release in the 70s. If you want to experience the old-school basketball feeling, the Pro Model can provide it.
Adidas Pro Model is a great basketball shoe and there are several reasons why you should buy it.
- This is an easy shoe to use. There is nothing complicated about it. All you need to do is just wear it and play in it. It has no special features to exploit or to focus on. This makes it great for beginning players or budding athletes.
- This shoe is tough. They made products to last in the 70s. This is reflected in the Pro Model's durable materials. This shoe can take a battering and still come out solid at the end of the season.
- The Pro Model provides maximum protection. A lot of people forget that basketball is a sport that has its own injuries. Broke ankles, toes, and more are a familiar sight. These won't happen if you're wearing a Pro Model. The durable design is like a shell around your feet.
- It still manages to look good. The design is iconic for a reason.
However, the Pro Model does have one glaring problem.
- The durable materials have a trade-off. The shoe is heavier than its competitors. If you depend on quick moves, you might find that the Pro Model ends up slowing you down.
The Under Armor ClutchFit Drive 2 is Under Armor's sophomore offering for the basketball shoe market. The original is one of the top 10 best basketball shoes out there. This is a bit of a surprise since Under Armor is a newcomer. The ClutchFit Drive 2 is a solid improvement to that.
First, let's talk about what Under Armor puts into the shoe. It uses the Charged cushioning system replacing Micro G. Micro G is still there, but only in the sockliner. Finally, Clutchfit is present, but only in the upper area. These are groundbreaking technologies and are fun improvements.
Moving on to performance, let's start with the cushioning. The mix of Charged and MicroG is a great one. Those who remember the original Clutchfit's cushioning will appreciate what this pairing. It delivers good responsiveness while minimizing shocks.
The Charged system manages to do good work while being a bit firmer. It does not have the walking-on-clouds feel of the MicroG, but it does provide good response time. You'll appreciate more on the court.
Next, there's the traction. The original Clutchfit has great traction. This is because of its use of a herringbone sole pattern. Under Armor know not to fix what's not broken, so they didn't. The traction is still great in whatever direction you're going.
The support is where the Drive 2 beats its predecessor. The original did not have a good support option so Under Armor tried to change that. They succeeded and the result is a fuse overlay and an upgraded heel cup. Both of these contribute to better stability of the shoe.
Finally, Clutchfit used to be the main material for the Drive 1. For Drive 2 buyers, they will have to settle for the midfoot portion and the collar. This is still a lot of material. Since Clutchfit adapted its size both to your foot and its movements, it allowed for a more comfortable user experience.
If you're still undecided on purchasing the Clutchfit Drive 2, here are a few points to consider.
- The Clutchfit Drive 2 is a great workhorse of a shoe. Under Armor's offering performs very well. It provides great traction, cushioning, and even support. You can probably up your game greatly by just wearing this shoe.
- The shoe is very comfortable. Thanks to Clutchfit technology and its cushioning innovations, playing basketball while in this shoe is a great experience. Clutchfit ensures that the shoe is a good fit, while the cushioning protects your feet from the shocks of vigorous play.
- The shoe is very adaptable. Most big players have a hard time finding a good shoe. The Drive 2 gives them an excellent option for their use.
There are still some negative points against buying the Drive 2 though.
- Under Armor was designing for performance not appearance. The results are obvious with how the Drive 2's design looks like. It's not that bad-looking, but it won't be winning any awards for beauty.
- The Clutchfit Drive 1 is still in the market. If you want a Clutchfit shoe, that is the better option.
Released back in 2015, the Nike Men's Prime Hype DF II is still an impressive basketball shoe. The design of these shoes focuses on ensuring that you can move fast. The result is a lightweight and dynamic design that is still a crowd favorite.
The biggest contributor to the shoes' success is its excellent traction. With a pattern that allows for movement in any direction, the traction is pretty consistent. This means no matter how much you change your direction, you won't end up slipping.
Combined with the traction is the great cushioning. The shoe uses Dual Fusion technology. This may seem a bit old, but it is still effective. It actually acts like Lunarlon cushioning but on a budget.
In addition to these, the shoes themselves allow for you to be pretty stable on the court. This is thanks to the excellent support provided by the Dual Fusion implementation. That large flat base also contributes to this.
Nike landed a slam dunk with the materials of this shoe. Fuse and synthetic leather are its main components. That sounds pretty basic, but the combination results in a very durable shoe. You'll still be playing with these shoes in a few years time.
On the comfort front, the DF II manages to be pretty comfortable. This is thanks to a good fit. You'll need to double check you size so that you won't get a smaller one.
Another part of the comfort is the very good ventilation on the shoe. There are a lot of perforations that will let your feet breathe properly and cools them down quick. This should ensure your feet won't be too smelly at the end of the game.
All in all, the Hype DF II looks to be an excellent basketball shoe for those on a budget.
There are several good reasons for buying Nike's Hype DF II.
- The first reason is that you are getting a good deal for your money. For all of its features, the DF II still manages to be very affordable. If you're on a budget, then you'll most likely want to snap one of these up quickly.
- Durability is another reason for your purchase. Most of the time, basketball shoes go through a lot of wear and tear. What looked like great shoes at the beginning of the season now look very battered at the end of it. The DF II will last you years in comparison.
- The DF II's performance beats some more expensive shoes. This is a quality product that punches well above its weight class. You'll want to spend money on it.
The DF II has one drawback:
- If you have a bigger budget, you can probably get a better basketball shoe. The DF II is a great budget shoe. But when it compared against more expensive models, it can be lacking in features.
Buyer’s Guide: Factors to Consider before Buying
There are a lot of basketball shoes out there. Making a selection from among them is going to be difficult. To make it easier, you will need to use a specific criteria to judge them. Here's what most shoe experts usually base their judgments on.
- Traction: When you play basketball, you'll be constantly in motion. If you want to play well, your movements need to be quick and controlled. To do this, you will need a shoe that provides excellent traction. Traction is how powerful the shoe's sole grips the ground. This stops you from slipping and helps control your movement. Different sole patterns provide different traction possibilities.
- Cushioning: Playing basketball is a high-intensity sport. You will be running and jumping vigorously during a game. This puts a lot of strain on your feet. The shock of movement can cause injuries. Besides, harsh shocks can disrupt your responsiveness. That is why you'll want a basketball shoe that helps absorb all the shocks of the game.
- Support: Another way that a basketball shoe can help is providing support. Your legs can be pretty fragile. During a basketball game, it is possible for you to be in awkward positions or to put a lot of strain on some parts of them. This is usually in your ankle area. Without proper support, injuries can result. Some basketball shoes provide extra support by using large bases or by having high tops to support ankles.
- Fit: The next factor to consider is how well the shoe fits. You will like a snug fit to ensure that the shoe won't slip off while you are playing. Besides, a properly-fit shoe is a lot more responsive when you play.
- Comfort: You will also have to consider your comfort. Basketball games are rough enough on you. You should lessen your discomfort by selecting a comfortable shoe to play in.
The next time that you are in the market for a basketball shoe, check them out against these five elements. This ensures that you will be making the best possible choice from among them.
- Why get basketball shoes?
A: Basketball shoes may look like any other athletic shoe, but there are several significant differences. Basketball uses short bursts of movement. This requires you to have a stable platform for movement. Without it, you will quickly get injured. Basketball shoes need to accommodate these movements and sometimes even enhance them.
- How important is being an original product?
A: Basketball shoes are a big business. This is why there are a lot of fakes floating around. You might think that a fake is a cheap purchase, but you're wrong. Fakes do not use the same materials when made. This can result in a drop in quality and potential injuries in the future. Always check for a shoes' legitimacy before making a purchase.
- How do I guess my shoe size?
A: Never make a guess when it comes to shoe sizes. The size of your shoes will determine whether it will be a comfortable fit. Check out the shoe that you are planning to buy and see what sizes it is available in. It would actually be much better to go into a store and test it out rather than buying blind.
- Is there a difference between the size of male and female shoes?
A: Yes, there is a big difference. Male sizes are often much larger compared to the female equal. For example, you can expect a woman's size 9.5 being only 7.5 for men.
- What's the difference between high top and low top shoes?
A: When buying a basketball shoe, you are often offered a high-top and low-top model. There is a significant difference in performance. Low-top versions are often lightweight. Players who want to emphasize quickness and jumping will want to buy low-tops.
High tops are for those who put a lot of strain on their ankles. The high tops provide extra ankle support and helps prevent further injuries. You'll want high tops if you're a big guy since your ankles will need all the help they can get.
Choosing the best basketball shoes from the hundreds in the market can be pretty difficult. However, it is possible to do so if you've done your research beforehand. Hopefully, this article would be able to guide you in making the right choice. Always remember that your priority is your comfort and protection. Keep those two in mind and you'll be happy with your purchase.
As a subscriber, you never miss a post and you get access to our executive reviews, posts, guides & amazing offers. Sign up today to join over 20,000 subscribers!